Inspections can be used to track the routine monitoring of critical pieces of equipment to help prevent unexpected malfunctions and costly repairs, as well as, ensuring rooms are secure, cleaning is taking place and more.
Users of the mobile app can view and complete inspections assigned to their workgroup by clicking the menu button in the top left corner, then selecting Inspections.
Inspections are created for Zones within a building, then assigned to workgroups for completion. As such, when navigating to the Inspections area of the mobile app, users will see a list of the Zones which have inspections assigned to their workgroup. From this list, users can see a count of the total number of inspections for the zone and the number completed so far.
Completing an Inspection
Tapping on a Zone, will display all the inspections, tapping on one of the inspections from this list will open the check(s) for the inspection. Users may see different check types for recording their inspection results, these could include:
- Is used for recording a numerical value, users will see the unit of what is being recorded and can enter a number up to a pre-determined number of decimal points
- Users may see a warning if the number being entered is outside of a pre-determined min and max threshold
- This could trigger an insight to be generated within the desktop app for further investigation
- Is also used for recording a numerical value, users will see the unit of what is being recorded and can enter a number up to a pre-determined number of decimal points
- Users will be presented with a drop-down list and will select one of the options from the list
- Users will be presented with a date field and will select the date
Also here, users can add any relevant notes, which could also trigger the creation of an insight, and add attachments or photos to provide more context or confirmation for the inspection.
Tap Submit to complete the check and move on to the next inspection check, repeat this process until all checks are complete to return to the list of inspections for the zone.
To navigate back to the main inspections page within the mobile app, tap the left pointing arrow in the top right, this will return the user to the main page where a different zone could be tapped for additional inspections, or provide access to the main menu to navigate to one of the ticket options or the asset search.