Layer filtering allows users to quickly enable specific views of information with regards to defects, rail wear, temporary speed restrictions and more for quick analysis.
Layer options can be toggled on or off from the various module buttons just below the menu bar in the top right corner of the map.
The GIS Layers allows users the ability to enable or disable a variety of layers of information, including:
- Track Geometry
- Asset Protection
- Other/unidentified asset types
- Reference layers
Clicking the arrow beside each layer options will expand the selection displaying the individual layers which can be enabled just below. Click the eyeball icon to turn the layer(s) on or off as needed.
Clicking the GIS Layers button will toggle the layers menu on/off to free up more screen space for the map view.
The Defects module allows a user to select one or more defect filters to apply to layers.
When the down arrow, to the right of the defect type is clicked, this will expand the defect option to display additional filtering options, this can include:
Enabling Defect Filters
- Click the Defects button to display the filter list options
- Click the appropriate Source, Status, Severity value. The Defect Code box can be clicked to select all code options, or check the box beside each code to select them individually.
When a Source, Status or Severity filter option is selected, it will appear as highlighted in a purple color to indicate the filter is on. Whereas the checkbox filter options will appear with a checkmark to indicate the filter has been enabled.
Similar to the Defects, the TSRs module allows users to select one or more temporary speed restriction filters to apply to layers.
Enabling TSR Filters
- Click the TSRs button to display the filter list options
- Click the Status or Type filter options and/or the Group Cause checkbox to enable all cause filter options, or click the box beside each cause option individually to select
Again, the highlighted filter options or check-marked box indicates the filter has been enabled.